Here is all the information you need to know about applying for a music fair stand at Shrewsbury Folk Festival
Our music fair is situated right in the centre of the festival site near our busy catering area, bar area and dance tent. We always aim to have a variety of quality luthiers and various musical instrument traders.
Please read the following terms and conditions:
- Applications must be submitted by January 31.
- If you have not traded with us before images of your stall, and items for sale, must accompany your application. Applications without images or links to images will not go forward for the selection process.
- Our Music Fair Manager, Maxine Taylor, will let you know in February if your application has been successful.
- Successful applicants will receive an invoice from Joy Lamont/accounts department.
- Payment terms are fourteen days from the invoice date.
- Payment is by BACS only. Make sure you use your TRADING NAME as the BACS reference otherwise we will not be able to locate your payment.
- Please send an email confirming payment to email@example.com
- We will send a receipt when payment is received in full.
- Should the trader cancel their attendance at the festival, fees paid are non-refundable. However, it might be possible to roll over your payment to the following year.
- Should the festival be cancelled by Government decision, fees paid are non-refundable.
- Should the management cancel the festival, fees paid will be refundable.
- No refunds, full or partial, will be available should trading not meet with your expectation.
A copy of your insurance (£5m Public Liability) must accompany your application. If your policy expires before the festival, you’ll need to send a new document covering the festival period otherwise you will not be able to trade.
As you are aware, health and safety is a hot topic and we need to ensure we comply with legislation. A risk assessment must accompany your application. A search online will enable you to find numerous templates. Your RA should include Covid-19 government guidelines if they exist.
- If your application is successful a vehicle pass will be sent to you in early August – please pass it on to staff and display in all vehicle windscreens.
- Movement of vehicles must be kept to an absolute minimum. Speed is a maximum of 5 mph and hazard warning lights must be used at all times. If you wish to use your vehicle on a regular basis you must park it in the car park field.
Arrival and departure
- Arrival: Wednesday August 21. Time TBC.
- Departure: The site must be cleared by 12:00 Tuesday August 27 when the site officially closes.
These will be at the stall holders’ discretion but are recommended to be from 15.00-20.00 Thursday, 10:00-20:00 Friday, Saturday and Sunday and 10:00-18:00 on Monday.
- You may request a maximum of 2 FOC adult weekend passes. Maxine Taylor issues wristbands at the festival – please DO NOT go to the ticket office.
- 2 additional adult weekend tickets can be purchased from the festival office at £100 each. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pitch prices and details
- All pitches are outside (not under cover) on the West Mid Showground, Berwick Road, Shrewsbury, SY1 2PF.
- You will need to be self-sufficient and provide all of your own weather protection, lighting, tables and chairs etc.
- Electrical supply is available to hire…see application form. Requirements must not exceed that of a 16amp socket outlet. Extension leads, and all equipment must be PAT tested. You must bring a suitable cable and a 16a to 13a adaptor with you – the electrical connection could be up to 20mtrs away.
- Super quiet generators are permitted but please keep use to an absolute minimum.
- Security personnel will be on duty 24/7. Neither the security firm or festival can be held responsible for any loss or damage to property. Traders undertake to satisfy themselves that security is adequate for their needs.
- Ensure the pitch size you request is correct – extra space for gazebos or guy ropes etc. cannot be provided on the day. Guy ropes and towbars etc. must stay within boundary lines and not encroach on the safety gap between pitches. The roadway behind pitches must be kept clear at all times to allow emergency vehicle access. A minimum of one metre must be maintained between pitches.
- Depth of pitch to accommodate stall, vehicle and camping unit (tents, caravans and motorhomes etc.) is approximately 13 metres.
- Water points, showers and toilets are close by.
Please note we will do our very best to accommodate your requirements, but no guarantees can be made.
MUSIC FAIR PITCH PRICES
|Frontage||TRADER – NO ELECTRIC SUPPLY||TRADER – PLUS ELECTRIC SUPPLY (£70)|
|3 metres||£270.00||VAT £54.00||£324.00||£340.00||VAT £68.00||£408.00|
|4 metres||£360.00||VAT £72.00||£432.00||£430.00||VAT £86.00||£516.00|
|5 metres||£450.00||VAT £90.00||£540.00||£520.00||VAT £104.00||£624.00|
|6 metres||£540.00||VAT £108.00||£648.00||£610.00||VAT £122.00||£732.00|
|Frontage||CRAFTER – NO ELECTRIC SUPPLY||CRAFTER – PLUS ELECTRIC SUPPLY (£70)|
|3 metres||£210.00||VAT £42.00||£252.00||£280.00||VAT £56.00||£336.00|
|4 metres||£280.00||VAT £56.00||£336.00||£350.00||VAT £70.00||£420.00|
|5 metres||£350.00||VAT £70.00||£420.00||£420.00||VAT £84.00||£504.00|
|6 metres||£420.00||VAT £84.00||£504.00||£490.00||VAT £98.00||£588.00|
Any dogs in your care must always be kept under control and on a lead. Please clean up after your dog and don’t let them ‘go’ near our drinking water taps.
ALL rubbish must be placed in the recycling bins. Traders are responsible for keeping their pitch clean and tidy and free of rubbish at all times. If you need help just give our recycling team a shout.
- If you need medical ailments dealt with at the festival, our first aid team (including paramedics) can be located near gate 2. Alternatively, they can be contacted by any steward with a radio.
- In an emergency never hesitate to dial 999 from a mobile phone telling the operator that you are on the West Mid Showground, Berwick Road, Shrewsbury, SY1 2PF.
Music Fair Application Form
Each business wishing to have a music fair stand should complete and submit an application form. Please read the information and general terms and conditions before completing.
If you need more information about trading, please don’t hesitate to contact Maxine Taylor: email@example.com
If you need information about invoices and payments, please contact Joy Lamont: firstname.lastname@example.org
The festival reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions if needed, with regard to updated guidance.