Shrewsbury Folk Festival is looking to recruit a ceilidh enthusiast to manage and programme Shrewsbury Folk Festival’s extremely popular dance marquee during the four day festival.
This is an important, challenging and rewarding opportunity to be part of the West Midlands’ top folk festival and to work alongside national and international artists. This voluntary post will create and deliver the festival’s entire ceilidh programme.
Are You Someone Special?
Previous Dance Directors have been larger than life, hardworking creative people. If the following describes you in some way, then please get in touch:
- Well organised, a good communicator, good at working to deadlines
- Knowledge of UK ceilidh dance bands
- Artistically motivated and inclusive in approach
- Experience of leading community/participation art programmes
- Happy to work as part of the volunteer management team
- Team leads with integrity, openness and equitably
- Empathy for the “folk scene”; a regular arts festival goer (that’s any festival not just Shrewsbury Folk)
- Works creatively to deadlines
What We Need!
Shrewsbury Folk Festival has been described by the popular press and folk artists alike as an excellent, eclectic festival. The year on year success is a tribute to the hard work put in behind the scenes by the team building on a framework where all the different activities knit well together.
Elements of the job means that you will co-ordinate activities with our Morris Director, Children’s and Youth activity programmers and the main stage artistic programme.
While it is imperative to maintain the excellent visitor experience, we want our new Dance Director to bring some wonderful new ideas to our party. If possible, we would like you to attend committee meetings held once a month in Shrewsbury.
Want to hear more about us and the opportunity that awaits you? Please download the job description below and send your application to email@example.com before September 30.